The do’s and don’ts for best results – Beaux Hair Extensions
What Do’s ?
- Brush your hair extensions before shampooing your hair to ensure it is tangle-free.
- Secure the hair with one hand while detangling to avoid any pressure or tension on the Beaux connections or natural hair.
- On the day of your Beaux application, it is essential that you shampoo your hair with Beaux silicone-free shampoo and apply conditioner only on the ends of your hair. Rinse thoroughly to ensure a strong and healthy Beaux connection.
- When shampooing your hair, work vertically not horizontally, or in a circular motion, this will create fewer tangles, and your hair will be easier to manage.
- For best results, leave the conditioner in for 3–5 minutes before rinsing and comb through your hair extensions. We recommend removing the heavy wet before applying conditioner.
- Only condition the hair from the ponytail down avoiding contact with the root area or locks. However, you can apply conditioner generously throughout the ends.
- Always use a leave-in conditioner on the ends to keep them looking silky.
- We recommend you brush your scalp at least twice a day with your Beaux hairbrush, once in the morning and once in the evening to keep your hair extensions clean at the root area.
- Weekly treatments are recommended.
- Only use the correct Beaux products as advised by your certified stylist, The products include Beaux shampoo, conditioner, and exclusive ROSE GOLD OIL Heat Protector Pro. Using these products will maximize your result and sustain the high quality of the hair.
- Gather your hair into a loose side ponytail or braid when sleeping.
- Avoid tight updos or ponytails for the first few days after the hair extension application.
- When swimming always tie your hair in a ponytail or braid and apply conditioner to the hair to act as a barrier against harmful chlorine/saltwater etc. Always shampoo immediately after swimming and detangle as usual.
- Swimming is not recommended if wearing tape hair extensions.
- Always cover your hair when in direct sunlight for long periods of time.
- Always dry off the roots and tape area of your Easitape Hair Extensions to make sure the holding agent in the tape has dried entirely and guaranty maximum strength of the application. The holding agent in the tape is vulnerable when wet, so no pressure is to be placed on the hair during styling until the roots are dry.
What Don’ts ?
- Don’t go to bed with wet hair.
- Don’t shampoo over the bath as may create problems when detangling.
- Don’t attempt to maintain or adjust your Beaux yourself. If you have any issues, leave it to the professionals.
- Don’t leave your Beaux in for longer than 3 months or 8-10 weeks if your natural hair is fine. If your hair extensions are left in for longer than the recommended time some damage may occur.
- Don’t leave your hair wet for long periods of time without detangling as it may become matted.
- Don’t use any hot tools on your Beaux WITHOUT using Beaux ROSE GOLD OIL. Comb through your hair to ensure the product is evenly distributed throughout providing protection everywhere.
- Don’t allow bronzers/fake tans/sun creams or products with tint in them to make contact with your hair extensions, especially for blond hair, as you may experience slight colour change.
As a result of natural shedding (approx. 50–100 strands per day), it is not unusual to shed anywhere from 0–15 Beaux strands over the course of the term of wear. Your certified stylist typically take this into account during the application. The shedded strands can then be reapplied.
When arranging your appointment to reuse your hair, we advise booking another consultation so the stylist can assess your hair extensions and see if any new hair is required and talk about any adjustments you would like to make.
Don’t worry, you can:
- Wear your hair up and various styles